Announcement Of Admissions On Punjab Worker Welfare Board (PWWB) Quota At CIIT Sahiwal
Click Here To View NewsPaper Add
Here To Download Application Form
The management of CIIT has offered to grant admission to eligible workers' children
in our campuses in Punjab other than Lahore viz. Attock, Sahiwal and Vehari in Spring
How To Apply
Step No 1
Step No 2
Here To Download Application Form
Fill out the attached Application form and submit it in Admission Office, Sahiwal
Last Date To Apply
January 01, 2016
Amount Of Scholarship
The Labour department is responsible for payment of all the expenses of the PWWB
Quota students. It makes payments on behalf of the students against the tuition
fee, hostel fee, and transportation cost.
This scholarship is provided to the workers’ children/ workers as per the verified
list of PWWB Committee. The worker needs to fulfill the following criteria:
- A person is qualified as a labor department worker if he fulfills the definition
of worker as is defined in the industrial Relation Act, 2010.
- The worker should have a valid social security card.
- The worker should have a minimum work experience of 1 year in a factory registered
under the Factories’ Act 1934 or Mines Act 1923.
- An organization will be deemed as a factory if it fulfills the definition of a factory
as is defined in the Workers’ Welfare Fund Ordinance 1971 or Companies’ Profit Workers
Participation Act 1968.
- Children of deceased/ disable workers are also eligible to apply for this scholarship
provided that the worker/ miner was deceased/ disabled during service, registered
under the EOBI/ Social Security, his widow/ legal heir got Death Grant from Punjab
Workers’ Welfare Board, or receives pension from the EOBI/ Social Security.
- The worker/ miner or his child seeking admission should not have been involved in
any illegal activity or criminal proceedings.
Award of Scholarship
The candidates apply for this scholarship at the time of admission in all the Single
Degree Programs. The candidates need to submit the following set of documents along
with their admission application form at the time of admission:
- Worker/ miner’s CNIC.
- Worker/ miner’s Social Security Card/ Old Age Benefit Card.
- Worker/ miner’s Factory Card/ Employee Card mentioning his/ her designation.
- Worker/ miner’s Appointment Letter.
- The Factory Registration Certificate under the Factories’ Act 1934 or Mines Act
- CNIC/ Family Registration Certificate issued by NADRA of the prospective student.
- Worker/ miner’s Service Certificate and a certificate on his/ her good moral conduct.
- The candidate needs to sign an affidavit on a Rs. 20. Stamp Paper stating that if
he/ she discontinues his/ her education, he/she will pay all the educational expenditures
back to the Labour Department.
- In case deceased/ disabled worker/ miner, proof of receiving Death Grant/ Disability
Pension needs to be submitted.
After the closure of admission dates, the Scrutiny Committee from the labour department
verifies the PWWB application forms and selects the forms as per their own rules
and regulations. The list of selected candidates is uploaded on the CIIT’s official
website. The selected candidates are required to submit a security deposit of Rs.5,000
This scholarship is provided for a maximum of 8 semesters or the maximum duration
of the student’s respective degree program. In case if a student repeats a course
or semester, he/she has to deposit the dues as per CIIT rules and regulations.
Please feel free to contact Focal person for further information.
Mr. Safdar Ali
Designation: Assistant Director (P&D)/ Incharge Office of Development/ SFAO
Ph: Off: 040-4305005 Fax: 040-4305006